You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in The Woolley Moor Show website and Facebook publications.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition.
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
The closing date for submissions is 14th September 2022. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
Your entry must be submitted digitally via the process outlined on our webpage. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
By submitting images to Woolley Moor Show Photography Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Woolley Moor Show and will indemnify Woolley Moor Show against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Woolley Moor Show;
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Woolley Moor Show and will indemnify Woolley Moor Show against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- Woolley Moor Show have permission to use the imagery provided across their marketing channels.
- If you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in The Woolley Moor Show.
What To Enter
- Entries must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other photographic competition.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- All images should be taken within/around the Woolley Moor Show.
- Woolley Moor Show reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
- A panel of Judges will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition. Judging will be made up of selected Woolley Moor Show staff and volunteers. Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winner. The organisers will select judges from a wide interest pool to ensure objectivity is maintained from year to year.
- Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
- The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation. The organisers may also share short-listed photographs across their social media channels and ask followers to vote on their favourite to help aid the judge’s decisions.
Announcement of winners
Judges will choose the winner and commended photographers. All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery.
The overall winners will be announced at the end or after the 30th September.
By entering the competition, you grant Woolley Moor Show a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. This could include but is not limited to use:
At presentation events, including exhibiting the images in and around Woollwy Moor.
- On the Woolley Moor Show website, Woolley Moor Show social media channels and Woolley Moor Show email communications.
- Woolley Moor Show printed and digital publications.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Woolley Moor Show.
- In conjunction with the main sponsors to further promote this photography competition.
- As part of digital advertising creatives when promoting Woolley Moor Show.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Woolley Moor Show excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Woolley Moor Show’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Woolley Moor Show’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
You agree to indemnify Woolley Moor Show and keep Woolley Moor Show indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Woolley Moor Show as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Woolley Moor Show reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in The Woolley Moor Show Website and Newsletter.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prize Terms and Conditions
There will be one overall winner, who will be announced by Woolley Moor Show in October. This winner will receive a Meal for two voucher with a value £40 at The White Horse Woolley Moor (www.thewhitehorsewoolleymoor.co.uk)
The prize is subject to availability and should be booked at least 1 month in advance to avoid disappointment. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Woolley Moor Show will contact the winner directly by email to organise the prize. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Organiser’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Organiser.
The competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You and the Promoter irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or matter or to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions and that accordingly any proceedings may be brought in such courts.